Yoga Mudra therapy is a non-medical mode of treatment.
There are various postures of the fingers and thumbs. In mudra therapy, different diseases are treated by holding and retaining the fingers and the thumbs in different ways.
This simple measure surprisingly restores a state of balance (homeostasis) within the body and raises the level of the performer's resistance. It is very simple, perhaps the simplest among different non-medical therapies.
The Yoga mudras can help to heal mind and body. When HIS Consciousness becomes the very base of our daily life then the Consciousness Yoga Mudra tool is surprisingly effective.
1. Gyan Mudra:(mudra of knowledge)
This is the first yoga mudra pose known as Gyan Mudra or the Mudra of Knowledge.
Practice this mudra when doing meditations. It’s perfect when you do it early in the mornings with a fresh mind. Touch the tip of your index finger with the tip of your thumb. The other three fingers, you may keep them straight or just free, doesn’t matter even if they are slightly bent. This is a very commonly used mudra when practicing meditations.
This is a highly beneficial mudra and anyone can practice this.
· As the name suggests, this mudra is meant to increase your concentration and memory power.
· This mudra sharpens your brain power.
· It has the ability to cure insomnia.
· Practice this mudra regularly to heal yourself of all mental and psychological disorders like anger, stress, anxiety or even depression.
2. Vayu Mudra:(Mudra of air)
Once you achieve the benefits from this mudra, stop doing it. After a certain time, it may cause imbalance within your system.
As the name suggests vaayu mudra, it balances the air element within your body. This mudra releases excess wind from stomach and body thereby reducing rheumatic and chest pain.
3. Linga Mudra (Mudra of Fire):
This mudra should be practiced only in sitting position early in the morning on an empty stomach. Maintain this mudra for at least 15 minutes every day.
But if you are suffering from acidity or indigestion, avoid this mudra.
· It helps to dissolve the extra fat boosting metabolism and controls obesity.
· Quickens digestion.
· Improves body strength.
· Reduces stress and tension.
Controls high cholesterol levels.
4. Prithvi Mudra (Mudra of Earth):
It is preferable that you perform this mudra in the morning. However, you may even do it at any time of the day and for any duration. Sit in a padmasana keeping the palms of both your hands on your knees with straight elbows. Perform this asana when you feel stressed out and exhausted. Padmasana accompanied by this mudra will immediately perk you up.
Nothing at all. Perform this asana freely.
· It improves blood circulation throughout the body.
· Increases patience and tolerance.
· Increases concentration while meditating.
· Helps strengthen weak and lean bones. Also increases weight of people suffering from low weight.
· It reduces weakness, exhaustion and dullness of mind.
· This mudra makes you more beautiful by improving your complexion and giving a natural glow to your skin.
5. Varun Mudra (Mudra of Water):
This is the best yoga mudra for your outer beauty. It has a positive effect on your skin and keeps it free of all problems. A very effective yoga asana for your overall health. Let us learn to do this mudra with perfection.
You may do it at any time of the day and in any position, but sitting cross-legged when doing this mudra is preferable.
Take care not to press the tip of the little finger near the nail. That will cause dehydration instead of balancing the water level in your body.
A number of benefits can be achieved by doing this mudra:
Varun Mudra balances the water content in our body.
It activates fluid circulation within the body keeping it moisturized always.
It cures all skin issues like dryness, skin diseases and skin infections. Moreover it also prevents the appearance of pimples for a longer time.
It adds a natural glow and luster to your face.
Varun Mudra also relieves and prevents any muscle pains that you may suffer from.
6. Shunya Mudra (Mudra of emptiness):
· Practicing this mudra with full concentration will cure an earache within 5-10 minutes at the most.
· It is also very helpful if someone is deaf or mentally challenged. But those who are handicapped from birth won’t benefit from this mudra.
After you are cured of these diseases, stop practicing this mudra.
7. Surya Mudra (Mudra of the Sun):
· It is quite beneficial when it comes to reducing bad cholesterol.
· Want to lose weight? This mudra comes in handy.
· Reduces anxiety.
· Also improves your digestion.
8. Prana Mudra (Mudra of Life):
This is a very important mudra as it activates the energy in your body.
This yoga mudra pose should be accompanied along with padmasana.
There is no specific time to perform this asana. Any time of the day will be suitable.
· This mudra improves your immune system.
· It also increases your eye power and also cures any sort if eye diseases.
· It reduces fatigue and tiredness.
yoga Mudras in short...
point on the picture to see its name
These are some very important mudras in yoga
and are beneficial for your health.
Practice them every time you can.